I'm in the office early today, hammering out some paperwork for a meeting later this morning with a client. A paralegal knocked on my door yesterday -- one that's been doing pretty good work, solid kid, definitely could succeed as an associate here -- and asked me for some law school advice. He's got three schools he's choosing between, all really solid choices, schools we do plenty of recruiting at, and I told him I didn't think there was a wrong choice in the bunch. I think he wanted more from me, he thought I'd really have a strong opinion -- because lawyers have a strong opinion about everything -- but with the places he's choosing between, it's six of one, a half dozen of the other. They're all fine schools, and he'll have a whole bunch of job offers coming out of any of them, and if he doesn't mess anything up from now until the fall, probably an offer here too. I told him to choose based on location and where he wants to spend the next three years. And then I gave him a really big stack of paper to photocopy, for no reason at all. No, I'm kidding. I didn't give him a big stack of paper to photocopy for no reason. But I could have. And he would have done it. And just knowing that makes me happy I'm a lawyer.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar