Why do I check my e-mail when I wake up early in the morning unable to sleep? I got out of bed, went to the bathroom, and, just because I'm crazy, gave the e-mail a quick peek. One of my clients needs something from me. "Urgently." So, of course, "urgently" means I'm not going back to sleep. At least this shouldn't take too long. Were jobs 24/7 a hundred years ago? When there were no phones, no e-mail, no fax machines, no instant communication? Could you leave the office and know that you wouldn't have to write up any more documents until you returned, parked your horse in the garage, and hiked up the thirty-three flights of stairs to your cubicle that overlooked the barn? Would running out of ink for your quill pen be an excuse to take an early leave one day? Back to work.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar