Someone sent me an e-mail: "Your blog is interesting. But even with all the stories, I don't have a sense of what you do all day. What does a day in the life of Anonymous Lawyer look like?"



Fair question, despite it coming from a poorly-nicknamed hotmail account. Jeez. I hope people realize, at least in the job-seeking context, that when you send e-mails from an account like SexyFatGirl@hotmail.com it doesn't make a good first impression. But it's a fair question. So here's what I'm going to do. Tomorrow I'm going to keep a log of everything I do, and if I have some time at the end of the day, I'll post it.



Also found an e-mail from a college student in the account, looking for advice about whether or not to go to law school. "I don't know what else to do, but I know I want a good career where I can earn a lot of money." Sounds like a good enough reason to me. Not like I know what else to do either.



Back to my Father's Day barbecue -- just came inside for a minute to see if work had anything important for me to do. As a father's day present, Anonymous Son made me a picture frame at school, for my desk -- they glued together some popsicle sticks and had to write a message in glitter and marker on the frame. Mine says "See my picture? This is why you should come home more." Kids sure know how to make you feel guilty about earning enough money that they can live in a big house.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar