This is going to be my latest night at the office in a while. I'm a little flustered with work, to be honest. I have a vacation scheduled for Friday -- until the following Friday -- and suddenly some issues have come up and I feel like my vacation is in jeopardy. I could probably go, but I'll be checking my Blackberry every ten minutes and be on edge that something really critical will happen and I'll have to hop a flight right back. Associates think partners don't care, and that we're okay with missing our vacations on account of work, but we're not. We're just people, like they are, and it doesn't make us (or our families) happy to have to change plans at the last minute, but client needs come up suddenly... and what can I do? I can't make their schedule conform to mine; I have to conform to theirs. It's what I signed up for; it's why I can even afford the vacation. My wife is pissed, and rightfully so. It's up in the air right now. I'm hoping if I stay here late tonight I can bully the work into submission and all will turn out okay. I don't think it works that way though. I'd forgotten what Red Bull tastes like. This stuff's awful -- but there's no way I'm making it 4-6 more hours without it.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar