I got rid of the comments on the previous post because some people started using language we don't even allow in the privacy of our own conference calls. Let's keep it civil.



But just to address the concerns that I've outsourced the posting to a summer associate: I'm sorry if the past few days have disappointed. It's been a rough week. Anonymous Wife suggested we see a marriage counselor. Anonymous Big Client decided to switch firms. Anonymous Dog keeps vomiting on the couch. Some weeks just aren't as filled with spectacular demonstrations of how frustrating this profession can be. I'm sure the hypocrisy will resume soon enough. In the meantime, it's not like I'm billing you for this. (I am, however, billing Anonymous Big Client for it, especially now that he's decided to take hs business elsewhere.)



Truth is, perhaps I've been a little timid ever since I overheard a paralegal talking about Internet sites he reads and had a quick panic that if he found this, he'd figure me out pretty quickly. As much as I complain, I don't really want to be discovered, since I have a hunch Anonymous Chairman of the Firm wouldn't be a huge fan of what I'm writing here. But I've decided I'll pull no punches and let fate take its course. I head out on vacation tomorrow. Of course I'll have my laptop; of course I'll be checking e-mail; I imagine that even from a distance I'll have some stories to share. Hopefully they won't all be about Anonymous Dog and the calls we get from Anonymous Parents-in-Law about why we didn't warn them he's been vomiting all over the couch when we asked them to watch him for the week.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar