I sent a quick e-mail to a summer associate yesterday asking for some research on an issue I'm doing a little bit of work on during my vacation downtime. I get an e-mail back a little bit later with some language he said he found that's right on point. So I e-mail him back to send me a copy of the case. I pull it up on my laptop. He fudged the quote. He cut and pasted from the case, but he changed a whole bunch of words, and basically the entire implication, to make it fit the issue better that I'd asked about. I sent him a note back asking why it didn't match, and he writes back, "Oh, I figured you just needed a sense of what it said, so I paraphrased." I don't know if I'm furious or just confused. I wrote him back and told him not to do that anymore, and just to pull actual language from cases, and then I wrote him back five minutes later and said I changed my mind and I'll get someone else to do the research. This is why law students are useless.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar