Instead of taking a junior associate with me to a client meeting today, I took a summer associate -- and I paid the price.  First, I had to deal with driving there.  Usually the junior associate will drive, so I can do work in the passenger seat.  Then, I had to lay out the money for lunch and get the receipt to get reimbursed.  Again, usually I have the junior associate take care of that.  Then, I had to actually take notes and pay attention -- since I forgot to explain to the summer exactly what we were doing and what this case was about, so he couldn't actually be expected to know what to take notes on.  My fault, sort of, but still -- usually the associate just takes care of all this stuff for me.  It's a real pain when I have to lay out money for things and collect receipts, or drive anywhere work-related, or remember whether or not you have to tip the guy in the parking booth.  It was pretty ridiculous.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar