I'm about to head to the airport to fly back home. Interviews went well yesterday. Only a few complete idiots that we're calling back anyway because of their grades. One student asked if we provide salary advances. Bad question to ask at the first round interview. Another student wore socks that were definitely different colors. I didn't say anything, but I wrote it down. Another student mentioned the interview room "smelled good." That alone was enough to kill his chances completely



I think I may have revealed myself to one of the students by accident, and I'm hoping if he's reading this post, he'll recognize himself and do me the favor of keeping my identity quiet. He asked something about weblogs -- he said he writes one about being a student, and wanted to bring that up right away in case someone Googled him and found it, and he was wondering if the firm would have any problem with him writing over the summer as long as he was careful. I said something about how these weblogs are a pretty new phenomenon, and no one really knows the rules yet. He said he's seen some written by lawyers at firms, writing things about work, and some that almost frighten him from heading down this career path, but he assumes everything's exaggerated for effect. I told him you never know, and "for all you know, I've got a weblog," which was a careless thing for me to say, and I really should have known better. And he got a look in his eyes, like he was putting some pieces together (and maybe I'm just imagining this) and I wouldn't be surprised if he now knows.



His resume was pretty impressive, and there's really no reason he wouldn't get an offer... assuming we don't find a reason to doubt his professional discretion....

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar