I'm flying to the east coast this evening to help interview students on-campus tomorrow at one of the handful of east coast schools we actively recruit at. It was a last-minute decision; I don't always make the trip, but things are relatively slow with clients this week, so I thought I would go along and try to frighten some 2Ls. I've come up with a few new interview questions I may try, although more likely I won't have the energy to do anything different than we usually do:



"What are some things you think of when you think of corporate lawyers?" This one I'm serious about. I want to see what they say, and then see if I can dispel any negative images by making things up. "I've heard you're all intense," one student might say. "We're not intense," I could reply. "At least not at my firm. Maybe the other firms. But not at my firm."



"What if I was to tell you we were cutting our starting salary in half. Would you still want to work for us? Why?" I know they'll all say yes; I just want to hear the garbage they can come up with. I do worry that they'll think I'm serious and it'll start a rumor on campus, so maybe this one is a bad idea.



"I don't like your tie. Do you have another one?"



If you get asked any of these questions, and you're a 2L at an east coast school, you'll know it's me. Say hello. I won't hold it against you.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar