One of the worst things about this profession -- and I suppose most of the professions where, effectively, you're a service provider -- is the lack of control over what your days will look like. It's much worse as an associate, but I can get a call from a client, and all of a sudden my life looks radically different than before the call. One moment I'm planning to go to Anonymous Son's hockey game, and the next moment I'm looking at eight more hours in the office before I can go home and turn on the 64" TV for an episode of Law & Order to lull me to sleep.



The point is salient this afternoon because I just discovered that I'll be taking a trip to New York to meet with a client on Wednesday. My next step is to find a nice restaurant for lunch, midtown area -- because if I'm flying across the country to talk to a client, there's no way I'm not getting a good lunch out of it. I don't if anyone from the opposite coast even reads this, but if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments.



Also, if anyone knows where I can get a dozen of the best bagels in the city, Anonymous Wife has put in a request I'd like to fulfill. It's the least I can do, since I'll be bailing on a dinner party I promised I'd make time for. But what do promises mean when I'm at someone else's beck and call.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar