I got back some research from a second-year associate today, and it was reasonably good. I told him so. His reply annoyed me. "It's not like you need to be a quantum physicist to do the work you give us around here." Like it's beneath him to do legal work. Like helping our clients make deals is not important. I am often frustrated by the lifestyle, but for the kind of work we do, there are few places you can do better work than here. We represent important companies doing important things. Companies that impact people's lives. How many quantum physicists impact people's lives? They sit in a laboratory all day. We help grease the wheels of capitalism. At the end of the day, we make a difference in a company's bottom line. I told the associate, if he thinks this work is beneath him, there's nothing forcing him to stay. He apologized and said he didn't mean anything by it. Just tired. And he's only been here a little while. If he feels this way now, I'd hate to see him when he's my age.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar