I just got off the phone. We lost another kid to a peer firm. But not just any firm. We lost him to a firm I can't believe anyone would choose over us. I've said before that we're all the same, and most of us are. But this firm is really a sweatshop, beyond the normal bounds. Even we realize that, and people have called us worse. But while we might keep people here a few weekends a year, they'll keep you there every night until three and at least 6 days a week, consistently. I can't imagine life as an associate there, and I've been through a lot. And the work they do is not any different from the work we do, so it's just a culture issue. You give your life to one of these places, no matter where you work. But to lose someone to a place that is without question more unbearable, in almost every respect (I will admit their window views are nicer), makes me feel silly for even giving him an offer, since no one with half a brain would ever choose them over us. This was one of my future stars. He had the asterisk next to his name. But nope, won't happen. I hope he ends up on due diligence for his first eighteen months. Worthless law students.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar