There's a partner here who's sleeping with a young associate. It's obvious, everyone knows. I think it's outrageous. They're constantly flirting in the hall, people see them heading out to lunch together. It's one thing to have something discreet going on, that no one is completely sure about. But it's quite another for it to be out in the open. What makes this one especially galling is that the genders are flipped. The partner is a she. The associate is a he. That's not the way it's supposed to work. It's understood that there are going to be female associates who are prepared to do whatever it takes to make partner, and will find the guys with the vulnerable marriages and make their move. It's part of how the industry works. But to flip it around, it seems more vulgar. He's a very good-looking young man (I think he had his teeth bleached) and can surely have his pick of women, yet he chooses the shrew down the hall. It's obviously just for his career. Perhaps I'm jealous. No female partners tried to seduce me when I was a young associate. Of course, when I was a young associate, there were no female partners.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar