A sixth-year I work with came into my office to vent a little while earlier this morning. A partner he's been doing work for gave a good assignment, that usually would go to someone like a sixth-year, to a fourth-year, and the sixth-year feels slighted. I heard rumors that someone was upset with me for giving to a fifth-year an assignment a third-year might usually get, because he felt the work was beneath him. But this is flipped the other way. The sixth-year would have wanted the assignment, and thinks it's unfair the fourth-year gets to do it. The associates think about this much more than the partners do. If I'm giving someone an assignment, I'm really not that concerned with whether a second-year did it last time, or a seventh-year. I just want it done right. Although if someone feels slighted, and thus more motivated to step it up and "prove" he should have gotten the work, all the better.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar